[ovirt-devel] Live demo session on how to debug oVirt GWT applications

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Fri Mar 31 13:48:23 UTC 2017

Hello,

the slides are here:
http://redhat.slides.com/vszocs/debugging-ovirt-gwt-applications?token=brh5Tzaz

I've made some new discoveries while working on this, the biggest one is
that SDBG (link below) actually works for oVirt WebAdmin!

This means there's a viable alternative to existing GWT debug method, which
doesn't restrict you to using an ancient (NPAPI-compliant) browser, while
still being able to use Java IDE (Eclipse) as well as reaping the benefits
of SDM code server (fast incremental recompiles).

If you're an oVirt UI maintainer, I highly suggest you to join this
session, spend ~1 hour of your time and in return, get the knowledge to be
more productive when dealing with our GWT code.

Regards,
Vojtech