[ovirt-devel] [ENGINE] standardizing query creation

Allon Mureinik amureini at redhat.com
Fri May 26 10:20:02 UTC 2017

Hi list,

As you may have noticed, there's a bit of an ambiguity on how query objects
are created - some have a constructor from a parameters object, some have a
constructor from a parameters object and an EngineContext, and some have
both.

This ambiguity leads to all sorts of annoying bugs where some queries can't
be used as internal queries (because they lack the proper constructor), or
other queries couldn't be used without a context.

I just merged a series of patches to streamline queries creation and
eliminate the problem.
Looking forwards, queries should have a single constructor receiving a
parameters object and a context and pass them on to super. A unit test was
added to enforce this constructor's existence in build time. From a
caller's perspective, nothing's changed, and all of the
Backend#run[Internal]Query methods were left unchanged.

The build, CI and OST suite were ran on this patch series and everything
seems to be in order, but please let me know if you encounter any issues.

-Allon