[ovirt-devel] [ovirt-system-tests] ssh to an oVirt VM in Lago

Nadav Goldin ngoldin at redhat.com
Wed May 31 06:25:10 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 12:53 AM, Valentina Makarova
<makarovavs07 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to get ssh connection to non-host VM in LAGO?

Not at the moment, Lago is not really aware of the nested VMs, just
the first layer(engine + hosts).

> It is easy for host vm and engine, there is method ''ssh" in ovirt-engine-api-model.

This is actually A Lago method, not 'ovirt-engine-sdk' one.

> Please give me advice, can Iget connection to vm0 in a similar way?

I would start first by making sure the VM is booting properly using
SPICE from the GUI, when the tests ends, you should be able to log
into the Engine GUI(run 'lago ovirt status' inside your deployment
directory to get the link, the directory should be something like
ovirt-system-tests/deployment-SUITE-NAME).
Then in the GUI, start the VM and click on 'console', the
username/password should be root/123456. The image used is CirrOS.

If it is booting properly - first would be to check if it even gets an
IP(my guess is not - I'm not even sure if dhcp is running in that
layer, maybe we should setup one..).