[ovirt-devel] Updates from CentOS VIrt SIG - 2017-09-05 meeting

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Tue Sep 5 14:59:15 UTC 2017

*CentOS 1708 and QEMU-KVM*
- We can't build qemu-kvm-ev 2.9.0 because we are missing dependencies from
CentOS 1708 in CBS
- CentOS 1708 will land in CBS 24 hours before it will be set as default
for everyone
- CentOS 1708 for ppc64le should be more or less in sync with x86_64 at
this point, we'll check missing stuff on mirrors.ovirt.org after 1708 GA
release for closing gaps.

*Kubernetes*
- working with Fedora maintainer for getting 1.7.5 out.
- People interested in kubernetes for centos/fedora and atomic/non-atomic
hosts can follow the effort here too:
https://pagure.io/atomic/kubernetes-sig/issues

*Libvirt and QEMU-KVM*
- libvirt packages all the way up to the current 3.7.0 were built for
centos7, waiting for rules to be created for pushing them to buildlogs and
mirrors
- all libvirt packages built for centos have centos specific patches
forward ported so libvirt should be compatible with existing qemu-kvm(-ev)
from centos

--

SANDRO BONAZZOLA

ASSOCIATE MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA ENG VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>