[ovirt-devel] [ OST Failure Report ] [ oVirt master ] [ 2017-09-05 ] [upgrade_engine]

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Wed Sep 6 07:42:42 UTC 2017

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 9:34 AM, Barak Korren <bkorren at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 5 September 2017 at 17:59, Simone Tiraboschi <stirabos at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 2:00 PM, Dan Kenigsberg <danken at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> I believe that this issue is being tackled by
> >> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/81444/
> >

> > No, the issue is on DWH setup side but we merged the related patches
> there
> > almost together.
> > Not sure why OST is consuming an older DWH rpm.
>
> OST only uses packages that passed OST before + packages you explicitly
> add.
> The newer DWH setup package probably did not pass OST yet from one
> reason or another.

OK, in order to start consuming postgres 9.5 from SCL I had to introduce a
patch on ovirt-engine project and another on dwh project and I don't think
that we can successfully run the test suite with just one of the two.

Should we simply wait or we have to manually run OST with a list of
packages from the two projects in order to have it flagging them as OK?