[ovirt-devel] [devel] ovirt-engine NFE on master

Piotr Kliczewski piotr.kliczewski at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 09:07:06 UTC 2017

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 10:58 AM, Milan Zamazal <mzamazal at redhat.com> wrote:
> Piotr Kliczewski <piotr.kliczewski at gmail.com> writes:

>>> Piotr, what's the libvirt version on your host?  Is the cluster version
>>> 4.2?  And did you migrate some VM?
>>
>> I am using:
>>
>> Name        : libvirt
>> Arch        : x86_64
>> Epoch       : 0
>> Version     : 3.2.1
>> Release     : 3.fc25
>>
>> My cluster version is: 4.2
>>
>> I haven't performed any migrations in this environment.
>
> Thank you for info.  There should be a VM unknown to Engine on one of
> your hosts, either an external VM (that would be OK) or a VM remnant in
> DOWN status, visible in `virsh -r list --all'.  If the latter then I'm
> very interested in how you got it.  You can get rid of it with
> `virsh undefine', Vdsm restart may be additionally needed.  If you
> happen to get it again, could you please tell me what you did and
> provide Vdsm logs (preferably with DEBUG level) and `virsh -r list --all'
> from the host?

There few ways I could get there:
1. Testing some code and creating vdsm and later dropping db and
reinstalling the host with "new db"
2. Vms provisioned manually.

At this time it seems to be option #2 and I see:

[root at f20 ~]# virsh -r list --all
 Id    Name                           State
 -     centos7                        shut off
 -     rhel7.0-dev                    shut off

which are machines where I test el7 compatibility of my changes (I use
fedora25 on bare metal).

I see the failure every time I run the engine now since I sent the
email to this thread. It started
to occur recently event though I have those vms there for really long time.