[ovirt-devel] ovirt-system-tests run specific scenario/debugging

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Fri Sep 15 10:33:28 UTC 2017

On 14 September 2017 at 20:59, Marc Young <3vilpenguin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to run a specific scenario without having to run back through
> spin up/tear down?

You can snapshot the environment after Lago finishes the bootstrap
stages with `lago snapshot` and then roll back to the snapshot when
you need to.

You just need to intialize the environment manually with 'lago init',
'lago ovirt reposetup ...' 'lago deploy' and then run the initial
tests one by one with 'lago ovirt runtest' instead of letting
`runsuit.sh` do it all for you.

Alternatively you could possibly remove some of the symlinks from the
'test-scenarious' directory to leave just the ones you need and then
use `runsuit.sh` to get the the desired state before snapshotting.

> I want to rapidly debug a `test-scenarios/00#_something.py` and the
> bootstrap scripts (001,002) take a really long time.
>
> Also is it possible to attach to a debugger within the test-scenario with
> pdb? I didnt have luck and it looks like its abstracted away and not
> executed as a regular python file in a way that i can get to an interactive
> debugger

'lago ovirt runtest' just runs nose, but its probably redirecting I/O
in a way that would not let you interact with a debugger. But you can
try... 'runsuit.sh' adds its own layers of redirection, so working
through it will probably be more challenging.

--
Barak Korren
RHV DevOps team , RHCE, RHCi