[ovirt-devel] Adding s390 support to oVirt

Viktor Mihajlovski mihajlov at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Sep 18 08:52:48 UTC 2017

On 18.09.2017 10:36, Barak Korren wrote:
> On 18 September 2017 at 10:30, Viktor Mihajlovski
> <mihajlov at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> as a heads up: I'd like to contribute some basic support for the s390
>> architecture to oVirt. For that purpose I'll post some patches to
>> gerrit, mostly for the following repositories: VDSM,
>> ovirt-engine-api-model and ovirt-engine. There might be some collateral
>> patches that need to go into ovirt-host[-deploy] since not all of the
>> pre-requisite RPMs are available on s390, but this probably needs a
>> separate discussion.
>>
>> I've started to hang out on the #ovirt OFTC channel, feel free to ping
>> me if you have questions related to s390. Thanks!
>
> I wonder, to you have some way to contribute compute resources so we
> could run oVirt CI and build jobs on s360?
> We could make s360 jobs as long as we can get a version of mock that runs on it.

Unfortunately not. In order to get started there's however always the
possibility to get a LinuxONE Community Cloud instance over at
https://developer.ibm.com/linuxone . Not sure whether it would be
possible for you to get access to the s390 Fedora build system?

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind Regards
   Viktor Mihajlovski