[ovirt-devel] [vdsm] s390 draft patches submitted for review

Viktor Mihajlovski mihajlov at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Sep 20 14:12:50 UTC 2017

On 20.09.2017 15:40, Michal Skrivanek wrote:

>> On 19 Sep 2017, at 14:08, Viktor Mihajlovski <mihajlov at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

>>> Note that draft changes are generally OK, but they have the inconvenient
>>> that they are invisible for people that isn't explicitly added as
>>> reviewers. So you will need to either promote them to regular patches,
>>> maybe adding a [WIP] prefix to the subject, or else explicitly add
>>> reviewers, otherwise nobody will see them.
>>>
>> Thanks for the clarification, I have done as you suggested. Looking
>> forward for comments.
>
> Hi Viktor,
> thank you for the contribution! It looks good so far, some of the patches are already in a good shape, feel free to remove the WIP prefix.
> Size of the patches is also quite matching the typical scope of each patch, at least for vdsm.
>
> Do you intend to work on ovirt-engine component as well? If yes then it would be great if you share the areas which you expect will need to change, or perhaps some other higher level overview of what kind of changes in general are required in oVirt to have a complete s390 support
Hi Michal,

thanks for the feedback. I'll have to clean up the vdsm/libvirt stuff
first. There's still an issue with NUMA on s390 I have to solve...

Once I'm done with vdsm, I'll provide patches for ovirt-engine. As a
prerequisite for that I need to update ovirt-engine-api-model (new
architecture and a new watchdog device type).
Most of the changes have to do with the s390 cpu type handling, nothing
really fancy.

Maybe a side discussion: I use ovirt-host-deploy to turn a Fedora
installation into a hypervisor. This worked (with minor changes) well
for Fedora 25, but fails for Fedora 26. This is because F26 uses DNF
version 3 whereas the otopi/python dnf plugin refuses to work with DNF
!= 1. Has anyone been hit by that before, and if so, any plans to fix that?
[...]
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind Regards
   Viktor Mihajlovski