[ovirt-devel] [ovirt-engine-api-model] s390 prerequisite changes

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Fri Sep 22 11:38:23 UTC 2017

On 09/22/2017 01:20 PM, Viktor Mihajlovski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've submitted the following topic branch with changes to the API model
> needed for the s390 support in ovirt-engine.
>
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/status:open+project:ovirt-engine-api-model+branch:master+topic:s390-base
>
> Without these ovirt-engine will fail to build. Should I still go ahead
> and push my changes for ovirt-engine, or should I wait for these commits
> to be merged (and actually published)?

The changes look good, and they need some documentation.

We need to decide when these changes should be merged to the
specification of the API. Do you plan to complete your work for version
4.2 of the engine? I guess not, as we are currently in alpha state
already. If you plan to complete the feature for version 4.3 of the
engine then I'd rather wait till a branch of the ovirt-engine-api-model
is created for version 4.2 of the engine (that will happen soon, in a
few days), then we can merge your changes to the master branch, which
will be used for version 4.3 of the engine.

Meanwhile you can submit your changes for the engine. They builds in
Jenkins will fail, but we can review them anyhow.