[ovirt-devel] Unable to start VMs

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Mon Sep 25 18:12:01 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

I see to be having an issue starting VMs with the latest master. Whenever I
try to start a VM I get null pointer exception. And the VM doesn't start. I
have debugged the engine, and it appears that the null pointer happens after
the engine tries to connect to the host. In the stack trace I see
SSLPeerUnverifiedException, so it appears something went wrong with a
certificate somewhere.

I have put my hosts in maintaince and re-enrolled the certificate, but that
doesn't appear to be helping at all. Any other place I need to look at to make
sure the engine can talk to the hosts? This appears to have started after I
upgraded Wildfly to 11, so it is possible it has something to do with that as
well.

Any help figuring this out would be appreciated.

Alexander