[ovirt-devel] oVirt log analyzer

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Tue Apr 3 10:52:17 UTC 2018

On 3 April 2018 at 12:55, Milan Zamazal <mzamazal at redhat.com> wrote:
> Barak Korren <bkorren at redhat.com> writes:
>
>> On 29 March 2018 at 21:11, Tomas Jelinek <tjelinek at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> I would add that it can correlate more log files (from
>>> engine/vdsm/libvirt/quemu) and show a unified view of them.
>>> It can follow the life of one entity (such as a VM) and show what was
>>> going on with it across the system. I have used it a lot to look for races
>>> and it was pretty useful for that.
>>>

>> I wonder if we can automate running it on OST failures to get automated
>> failure analysis.
>
> Well, ovirt-log-analyzer doesn't provide failure analysis, it just tries
> to extract more important lines from the logs and add some information
> to them.  It may or may not be useful to add its output to OST failures
> in future, but some feedback and testing are needed first, I assume
> there are still bugs and things to improve.

I'll try to be more specific about the use case we're lookin at.

Right now, when a test fails in OST - al you get is the traceback from
nose of the oVirt API cll you've made. For some tests additional
information is provided by having nise collect it from  STDOUT.

It could be very useful if we could use some information about the API
call that had been made, and use it to extract relevant information
about the call from the vdms and engine logs,

Can ovirt-log-analyzer be used for that?

--
Barak Korren
RHV DevOps team , RHCE, RHCi