[ovirt-devel] OST: Enabling DEBUG logging level in Vdsm?

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Fri Apr 13 07:44:40 UTC 2018

On 04/12/2018 03:17 PM, Milan Zamazal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it's quite inconvenient that DEBUG messages are missing in OST Vdsm
> logs.  Would it be possible to enable them some way?

Maybe just call vdsm-client once Vdsm is up? we can toggle the log
verbosiness at runtime.

I strongly support this idea - OST is probably one of the few places
outside developers' environments where DEBUG level by default fully
makes sense

However, I'd like to reminder that since the addition of the metadata.py
module, virt logs can be quite verbose. Raising this just because it could
eat some storage space on OST workers, so let's keep this item on the
watchlist.

--
Francesco Romani
Senior SW Eng., Virtualization R&D