[ovirt-devel] Vdsm: Intent to create ovirt-4.2.3 branch

Milan Zamazal mzamazal at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 14:07:14 UTC 2018

Hi, since oVirt 4.2.3 has been stabilizing, we will make ovirt-4.2.3
Vdsm branch in a couple of days, once the next tag is created.  This is
in accordance with the stable branch policy outlined and proposed by
Francesco[1].

Until the next Vdsm tag is created, we accept only Vdsm patches intended
for oVirt 4.2.3 to ovirt-4.2 branch.  After the next tag is created,
we'll make separate ovirt-4.2.3 branch and accept all qualified Vdsm
patches to ovirt-4.2 again.  Then Vdsm patches for 4.2.3 must be
additionally backported to the newly created ovirt-4.2.3 branch.

Thanks,
Milan

Footnotes:
[1]  http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/devel/2018-March/032820.html