[ovirt-devel] [ACTION-REQUIRED] Making accurate CI for oVirt 4.2

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Mon Feb 5 13:13:29 UTC 2018

On 01/24/2018 08:52 AM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 8:35 AM, Barak Korren <bkorren at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 23 January 2018 at 18:44, Martin Sivak <msivak at redhat.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Barak,
>>>
>>> can you please please add links to the proper repositories and/or
>>> directories when you send something like this? I really helps us when
>>> we do not have to search through all the jenkins and other infra
>>> repositories for which is the correct one. Because I really do not
>>> remember all the places that need to change out of my head.
>> See below.
>>
>>> So what you are asking for here is basically that we edit the files
>>> here [1] and create a 4.2_build-artifacts job using copy and paste,
>>> right? Or is there some other place that needs to change as well?
>> Yep. technically this should amount to a single change to a single
>> file (See below). The important part is making the right decision for
>> each project, understanding its consequences, and realizing the
>> actions that would be needed for changing that decision in the future.
>>
>>> [1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=jenkins.git;a=tree;f=jobs/confs/projects;h=5a59dfea545da98e252eb6c8d95a92d08708a22d;hb=cd75bb9eb3353652384ed89777fc15d71d1f9e36
>> There is only one file** you need to maintain that is (currently) not
>> in your own project's repo***.
>> Each project has such a file at [1].
>>
>> Documentation for the contents of that file can be found here: [2].
>>
>> There is no need to copy-paste much - the existing file should contain
>> a mapping of project branches to oVirt versions. Typically what would
>> be needed is just to add a single entry to the map. For example, for
>> engine it would be****:
>>
>>     version:
>>         - master:
>>             branch: master
>>         - 4.2:
>>             branch: master
> If project maintainers opt for this "Route 2", it is their personal
> responsibility to change the above "master" to "ovirt-4.2" branch
> *BEFORE* they create their stable branch ovirt-4.2. If they fail to do
> so, CI would get "dirty" with 4.3 packages.  Barak hinted to this a
> bit too mildly.

OK, so let's get ready.
I want to take "route 1", so I want to create the branches and map the
new jobs to them, so I posted https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/87159/

Rationale: I want the master branch and the ovirt-4.2 branch to be fully
independent, like ovirt-4.1 is.

Please let me know if I got it right.

Bests,

--