[ovirt-devel] [ovirt-users] cloud-init not working on master/4.2?

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Tue Jan 2 20:17:33 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 at 14:10 Eitan Raviv <eraviv at redhat.com> wrote:

> Roy,
> What do you mean  'ignored my password changes'?

I set the root pwd of my VM using cloud-init but I wasn't able to login.

what is a flow that reproduces your problem?

> - Import Centos 7 base image from ovirt-glance as a template and create a
VM from it.
- Run-Once the VM, set root user/pass using cloud-init in the dialog.
- Try to login with your new user/pass

Even before the VM OS boots you can `virsh -r dumpxml ID | grep -i payload`