[ovirt-devel] Trouble in switch type to OVS process

Dmitry Semenov zend0 at ya.ru
Tue Jan 16 10:05:47 UTC 2018

16.01.2018, 11:39, "Dan Kenigsberg" <danken at redhat.com>:
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 10:22 AM, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Adding some relevant people

>>> Hi everyone!
>>>
>>> I have installed oVirt ver 4.2 on three nodes with shared storage (FC) and linux bridge setting:
>>> - node01
>>>
>>> - node02 (self-hosted Engine host)
>>>
>>> - node03 (self-hosted Engine host)
>>>
>>> I wanted to set cluster network switch type to OVS (for OVN)
>>>
>>> (followed this instruction https://ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/network/provider-physical-network/)
>
> Please note that OVN overlays work just fine with Linux Bridge switchtype. You need to move to OVS only if you want OVN on non-overlays.

Dan,
if I catch you right, I dont need to switch to OVS for creation of internal networks with DHCP (for vms) and their routing to external networks. Thats true?

>>> After this step “Set OVS networking on all vdsm hosts. For each host, enable Maintenance mode, Sync All Networks” - my node01 disappeared. I don’t know what to do further.
>
> In "disappeared" do you mean it became non-responsive? Would you share with us your supervdsm.log from the disappearing host?

After launch of network synchronization all settings of ovirtmgmt interface disappeared on node, after that node became unavailable.

supervdsm.log: https://pastebin.com/eW0UpB6j

--
Best regards