[ovirt-devel] [ACTION-REQUIRED] Making accurate CI for oVirt 4.2

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Wed Jan 24 08:46:50 UTC 2018

> On 24 Jan 2018, at 09:23, Michal Skrivanek <michal.skrivanek at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> On 24 Jan 2018, at 08:52, Dan Kenigsberg <danken at redhat.com <mailto:danken at redhat.com>> wrote:

>>> See below.

>>> Yep. technically this should amount to a single change to a single
>>> file (See below). The important part is making the right decision for
>>> each project, understanding its consequences, and realizing the
>>> actions that would be needed for changing that decision in the future.

>>> There is only one file** you need to maintain that is (currently) not
>>> in your own project's repo***.
>>> Each project has such a file at [1].
>>>
>>> Documentation for the contents of that file can be found here: [2].
>>>
>>> There is no need to copy-paste much - the existing file should contain
>>> a mapping of project branches to oVirt versions. Typically what would
>>> be needed is just to add a single entry to the map. For example, for
>>> engine it would be****:
>>>
>>>    version:
>>>        - master:
>>>            branch: master
>>>        - 4.2:
>>>            branch: master
>>
>> If project maintainers opt for this "Route 2", it is their personal
>> responsibility to change the above "master" to "ovirt-4.2" branch
>> *BEFORE* they create their stable branch ovirt-4.2. If they fail to do
>> so, CI would get "dirty" with 4.3 packages.  Barak hinted to this a
>> bit too mildly.
>
> well, I still do not get the hint at all
> Why exactly?

apologies for stupid questions, but TBH I do not get most of these things….I tried to take a look at projects I’m familiar with and I still don’t quite understand what is getting to what repo.
I guess the syntax is described, that’s fine, but I’m really not sure about semantics. Why do we need each of those things?
I see stuff like f24 everywhere…is that just outdated?
And what’s the relation to https://github.com/oVirt/releng-tools ?

Thanks,
michal