[ovirt-devel] [vdsm][RFC] reconsidering branching out ovirt-4.2

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Mon Jan 29 07:39:30 UTC 2018

Hi all,

It is time again to reconsider branching out the 4.2 stable branch.

So far we decided to *not* branch out, and we are taking tags for ovirt
4.2 releases from master branch.

This means we are merging safe and/or stabilization patches only in master.

I think it is time to reconsider this decision and branch out for 4.2,
because of two reasons:

1. it sends a clearer signal that 4.2 is going in stabilization mode

2. we have requests from virt team, which wants to start working on the
next cycle features.

If we decide to branch out, I'd start the new branch on monday, February
5 (1 week from now).

The discussion is open, please share your acks/nacks for branching out,
and for the branching date.

I for myself I'm inclined to branch out, so if noone chimes in (!!) I'll
execute the above plan.

--
Francesco Romani
Senior SW Eng., Virtualization R&D