[ovirt-devel] Heads up: dropping fcraw jobs from jenkins

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Tue Mar 13 07:02:34 UTC 2018

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 8:43 AM, Barak Korren <bkorren at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 12 March 2018 at 16:44, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> Maybe its a good oppertunity to move the projects to V2, so the settings
>>> will be done inside the project itself and not in Jenkisn repo.
>>> Also, maintainers needs to understand that if fcraw build is failing no
>>> other distro will be deployed to tested ( as communicated numerous times
>>> already ), so if you're not sure fcraw will work
>>> keep it on check-patch only and don't add build-artifacts jobs.
>>

>> Can you point to the documentation for V2?
>

> The 1st one is on-the-house ;) Want us to send patches to move otopi to v2?

You know, patches are always welcome :-))

But I can't promise I'll have too much time to work with you on this.
Before continuing, and even reading the docs: Is it possible to remain in
V1 for some branches (say, 4.2) and move to V2 for others (master)?

Also, if you ask me, now might be a good time to change our naming.
While we call our "Build and test standards", _Standards_, I am not aware
of any other project or CI system that uses them. 'automation/' was not
a good name, as it had high chances to collide with other stuff. Same is
for 'automation.yaml'. Perhaps rename at least latter to 'oVirt-CI-conf.yaml'
or something like this? Over time, projects will move to V2 and eventually
get rid of 'automation/'.

Alternatively, find if there are any accepted real standards for these things,
and consider adopting them. I am not aware of any, personally, didn't search.

> Docs are being worked on but in essence V2 makes the UX for gerrit projects
> similar to the way things have worked for GitHub projects for a while now
> [1].
>
> V2 does provide way more then what is documented there (you need more to be
> able to cover complex scenarios like supporting specific sets of
> architectures in specific distributions), but what we have there is enough
> to get the basic ideas and do initial work.
>
> [1]:
> http://ovirt-infra-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/CI/Using_STDCI_with_GitHub/#the-automationyaml-file
>
> --
> Barak Korren
> RHV DevOps team , RHCE, RHCi
> Red Hat EMEA
> redhat.com | TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. | redhat.com/trusted

Didi