[ovirt-devel] OST: oVirt version used in basic-suite-4.2

Eyal Edri eedri at redhat.com
Sun May 6 13:29:15 UTC 2018

I've merged https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/90936/.
4.2 will use tested now as first option, and only fallback to official repo.

On Sun, May 6, 2018 at 12:57 PM, Barak Korren <bkorren at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 3 May 2018 at 17:31, Milan Zamazal <mzamazal at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, I wonder why is ovirt-4.2 repo, rather than ovirt-4.2-snapshot or
>> so, used in reposync-config for basic-suite-4.2?  Packages in ovirt-4.2
>> are relatively old and the suite may fail on bugs that are already
>> fixed.  Shouldn't a more up-to-date repo be used in basic-suite-4.2?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Milan
>>

> The idea was to have OST run on the released versions by default so it can
> be used by 3rd party (non ovirt-core)  contributors.
>
> We've decided to change things a short while ago and the patch to do that
> is here:
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/c/89587/
>
> But I've had no time to actually finish it.
>

> --
> Barak Korren
> RHV DevOps team , RHCE, RHCi
> Red Hat EMEA
> redhat.com | TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. | redhat.com/trusted

Eyal edri

MANAGER

RHV DevOps

EMEA VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig> TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>
phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)