[Engine-devel] Please review: All In One Feature page

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 11:10:59 UTC 2012

So far, no one created a bridge under JBoss' legs while
it's up & running. Bridge creation happens on hosts and
not in the engine-core machine. So up until now we had
JBoss up & running in his machine, and when it installed
a new host, a script would run on that new host to change
networking for the new bridge to be created. During this time
JBoss is monitoring the process from a (safe) distance.

Now, an web-app running on top of JBoss (you may know
it as engine-core) is doing network changes while the
app-server (JBoss...) is running and listens to 0.0.0.0
and maybe locally as well to specific ports. In this
situation network changes should happen only if you /know/
it's safe, or even better- do it /before/ starting JBoss.
So when JBoss starts network should be stable.

On 04/04/12 11:00, Alex Lourie wrote:
> On Tue 03 Apr 2012 06:10:44 PM IDT, Doron Fediuck wrote:
>> On 01/04/12 12:09, Alex Lourie wrote:
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> I've written a new wiki page [1] for a feature we've developed, called All in One. This allows configuring VDSM on the same host with rhevm (ovirt) automatically during setup.
>>>
>>> Please review and provide feedback :-)
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Feature/AllInOne
>>
>> One thing I noticed is that you plan to install engine-core,
>> and then add the host using REST (sdk). Please note that
>> prior to starting JBoss you need to create the ovirtmgmt
>> bridge. If it doesn't exist when you add the host, then
>> it'll be created and network may be corrupted, especially
>> with JBoss up&  running over it.
>
> As far as I've seen in testing, the creation of the bridge was working fine. And why would it be different between automatic and manual creation of the host?
>
> --
> Alex Lourie.

/d

Why doesn't DOS ever say "EXCELLENT command or filename!"