[Engine-devel] Purpose of Attached Inactive/Maintenance state of export domain?

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Sun Apr 8 09:03:20 UTC 2012

On 06/04/12 17:28, David Jaša wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I'm using export domain to shove VMs and templates betweend RHEV
> setups pretty often lately, I'm wondering about $SUBJ. What is it good
> for? Is it just for situation when main Data storage domain goes down?

Hi David,

- Attached Inactive export SD indicates that there is some problem with
this SD, we added a feature to auto recover from this state
(automatically activating the SD on a periodical basis)

- Attached maintenance means that the domain is going through some kind
of manual handling procedure and the system should not access this
domain, this state is initiate only upon user explicit request.

Having said the above there is no good reason, IMO, not to expose attach
and activate in a single command/UI action (I think we had RFE on this).
For example when working with floating disks (another new feature) you
can attach a disk to VM and activate it in a single command.

Livna