[Engine-devel] Is there a preferred workflow when adding additional error messages to VDSM _and_ Engine?

Mike Kolesnik mkolesni at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 07:20:03 UTC 2012

> On 07/04/12 18:10, Lee Yarwood wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm currently working on a patch to correct the logic used by vdsm
> > when
> > reviewing the logical and physical block size of physical volumes
> > [1].
> > Once/If this is approved I'd like to look into making the
> > exceptions
> > thrown from vdsm and the errors displayed within engine more
> > descriptive.
> >
> > Before I start throwing patches into gerrit I was wondering *if*
> > there
> > is a preferred workflow when adding additional exceptions and error
> > messages across both projects. For example, committing changes to
> > vdsm
> > before engine, engine before vdsm or both at the same time.

Hi,

There is a wiki describing how to add errors & their descriptions to the engine:
http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Engine_Adding_Messages

The relevant parts there are the VdsmErrors related (the other type of error is the one you get for illegal actions/states/etc before any call to VDSM is made).

Hope you find it helpful.

Regards,
Mike