[Engine-devel] Floating Disk feature description

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Thu Feb 2 08:27:06 UTC 2012

On 02/01/2012 07:04 PM, Daniel Erez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Floating Disk feature description Wiki page:
> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/DetailedFloatingDisk
>
> Best Regards,
> Daniel

0. Is it a floating disk or a floating image? would be nice to use the
same terminology for all projects, where possible
(http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Vdsm_Storage_Terminology#Image)
1. I don't see why a disk name should be unique. I don't think it's
enforceable under any normal circumstances: If user A decided to call
his disk 'system', user B who is completely unaware of A cannot call his
disk 'system' ? It should be unique at some level, but not system-wide.
2. I'm not sure I understand why exporting a floating disk is 'not
supported'. In the current design? implementation? ever?

Y.