[Engine-devel] Floating Disk feature description

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Thu Feb 2 17:30:46 UTC 2012

On 02/02/2012 07:05 PM, Oved Ourfalli wrote:

> [...]

quota is fine for a permission to add a floating disk, as quotas are the
way we manage permissions to add disks to VMs as well.
problem is with 'add/import external disk', which would be a system wide
permission (that should be ok, it is not a permission on a disk, rather
on system).
my problem is with permission on the created (or detached) disks - who
can edit/delete/attach them
(and attach is a special case, as it requires checking permission on
both disk and vm)