[Engine-devel] oVirt upstream meeting : VM Version

Ayal Baron abaron at redhat.com
Mon Feb 6 07:42:59 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

> > However, I do agree with Yaniv that changing the VM version "under
> > the hood" is a bit problematic. Version is a parameter associated
> > with create/update operation, and less with Run command.

It's not under the hood, user effectively chose to change it when she changed the cluster level.

Going forward, we could check the version before running the VM and then warning the user (so that the change would take effect per VM and not per cluster) but that would be annoying and to mitigate that, we would need to add a checkbox when changing the cluster level "Automatically upgrade VMs" or something (to keep current simple behaviour).