[Engine-devel] Eclipse IDE setup

Adam Litke agl at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 6 17:18:34 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 10:58:13AM -0500, Laszlo Hornyak wrote:
> Hi Adam!
>
> Please check if workspace maven resolution is enabled, and run a maven build with install.
> If it is still broken, then there must be a bad dependency in the pom.xml-s... it happens :-(

Thanks for your suggestions.  Maven resolution is enabled.  Then I tried to
build on the command line using mvn directly but got the same errors as in
eclipse.  Next, I tried to checkout out the 3.0 branch (assuming that the build
should be more stable) and I got a different set of compilation errors.

This brings up a few questions:

1.) Which jdk should I use?  I am currently using OpenJDK

/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk/bin/java -version
java version "1.6.0_23"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11pre) (6b23~pre11-0ubuntu1.11.10.1)

2,) Does this need a Fedora/RH system to compile?

3.) My guess is that others are able to compile oVirt even if there are bad
dependencies in the pom.xml files.  Otherwise they would already be fixed.  How
do others fix the dependencies on their local systems.

Thanks for the help!