[Engine-devel] Clone VM from snapshot feature

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 08:29:09 UTC 2012

On 02/14/2012 10:06 AM, Yair Zaslavsky wrote:
> Hi all,
> I modified the Wiki pages of this feature:
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/CloneVmFromSnapshot
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/DetailedCloneVmFromSnapshot

- Missing error handling. I hope all will goes well, of course.
- Will you be copying the disks in parallel, or serially?
- Too bad the disks have to be copied by the SPM. Not sure why, really.
Same for the merge, which is not really mentioned where/how it's going
to take place (VDSM-wise).
- If the 'Disk1' , 'Disk2' are RAW, would be nice to have an option NOT
to copy them. Especially as you have a snapshot on top of them.
Y.