[Engine-devel] Clone VM from snapshot feature

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 08:53:15 UTC 2012

On 02/14/2012 10:35 AM, Yair Zaslavsky wrote:
> On 02/14/2012 10:29 AM, Yaniv Kaul wrote:
>> On 02/14/2012 10:06 AM, Yair Zaslavsky wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I modified the Wiki pages of this feature:
>>>
>>> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/CloneVmFromSnapshot
>>>
>>> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/DetailedCloneVmFromSnapshot
>>
>> - Missing error handling. I hope all will goes well, of course.
Will be added. Not sure though what can we do in case for example you
fail to copy image N out of M , besides of course
>> - Will you be copying the disks in parallel, or serially?
CopyImage is an asycnrhonous verb that will be monitored by the
AsyncTaskManager at Engine core.

>> - Too bad the disks have to be copied by the SPM. Not sure why, really.
> Typo, will be fixed.
>> Same for the merge, which is not really mentioned where/how it's going
>> to take place (VDSM-wise).
The copy operation will perform collapse on destination.
Maybe I do not understand your question here-  please elaborate.

>> - If the 'Disk1' , 'Disk2' are RAW, would be nice to have an option NOT
>> to copy them. Especially as you have a snapshot on top of them.
Please elaborate on that.