[Engine-devel] Autorecovery feature plan for review

Ayal Baron abaron at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 22:37:46 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On 02/14/2012 10:03 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:

> >> Why can't we during upgrade process set to all existing entities
> >> in DB
> >> the value to false, but still have the column defined as "default
> >> true"?
> >
> > because upgrade and clean install are running the same scripts?
> I guess I still fail to understand.
> Scenarios (as both upgrade and clean install run the same scripts)
> a. In environment to be upgraded we have X entities that are non
> recoverable - after upgrade these X entities have the boolean flag
> set
> to false. New entities in the system will be created with auto
> recoverable set to true.
> b. In environment to be clean installed -we have 0 existing entities
> -
> after clean install all new entities in the system will be create
> with
> auto recoverable set to true.
> Will this be considered a bad behavior?

Why is there a field in the db for this?
Why is there absolutely no description in the wiki what this feature *actually* does?
Why is there a periodic process to do this? iiuc host/storage/whatever goes into non-operational mode due to monitoring of this object and after a certain amount of time (or immediately) where the object was reported to be in an error state it is moved to non-operational.
Monitoring of these objects should just *not* stop and the second it is reported ok, move the object back to up/active/whatever state.
What am I missing?