[Engine-devel] Change jboss listening ip/port configuration

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Wed Feb 15 14:50:28 UTC 2012

On 15/02/12 16:42, Ryan Harper wrote:
--

/d

"2B | !2B = FF"
> * Doron Fediuck <dfediuck at redhat.com> [2012-02-15 08:16]:
>> On 15/02/12 15:56, Ryan Harper wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've followed the building engine from source wiki[1] and I've got it
>>> all running (thanks!) but to test things out, I wanted to exercise the
>>> gui and other parts via the web portal.  By default, jboss is listening
>>> only to localhost:8080, and I was wondering the right way to change that
>>> to something else?
>>>
>>> I see localhost and ports buried down in
>>>
>>> ./backend/manager/conf/standalone.xml
>>>
>>> but not clear if I should be mucking with those and re-deploying or
>>> what.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the help,
>>>
>> Hi Ryan,
>> This is the JBoss default.
>> There are 2 options when changing the relevant ports, and you need to
>> decide how to proceed;
>>
>> - ports <1024
>> In Linux processes binding to this port range (for example 80, 22 ...),
>> require root permissions. There are technical solutions for it, such as
>> mod_ssl and iptables routin.
>>
>> - ports >=1024
>> This can be resolved in standalone.xml or- http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/sql-alterdatabase.html
>
> OK, sounds like if I want to change either hostname or ports, I'd do
> that via database settings in standalone.xml?  Once I've changed them

The standalone.xml JBoss configuration holds several settings amongst them is data source.
Port binding is one of these settings. Look for something like-
socket-binding name="http" port="8080"

> do I just do another
>
>  mvn2 clean install -Pdep
No need, since you're not changing the application, but the underlying
application server setup.

> do I also need to restart jboss-as at some point?
That's the only thing you need to do.