[Engine-devel] Unit test failures and RunVmCommand

Michael Kublin mkublin at redhat.com
Thu Feb 16 11:00:10 UTC 2012

All issues were fixed

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Choate" <jchoate at redhat.com>
To: engine-devel at ovirt.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:49:28 PM
Subject: [Engine-devel] Unit test failures and RunVmCommand

I was trying to fix the broken unit tests so that I can make sure my
changes are not breaking anything.  While trying to fix the RunVmCommand
tests I found some logic that I am unsure of.

It seems like with all of the nested conditions in this method the scope
of some of the checks is wrong.

In RunVmCommand.CanRunVm we check the boot sequence. If the vm is set to
only boot from a hard disk, we check to make sure that the vm has a hard
disk and that it is plugged.  If both of these are true, we do not
perform any other checks and return that the vm can start.

One of the checks that gets skipped is whether or not the vm is already
running. Do we really want to skip that check?