[Engine-devel] Empty cdrom drive.

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Sun Feb 19 11:06:39 UTC 2012

On 15/02/12 11:29, Miki Kenneth wrote:

> [...]

The preferred solution IMO would be to let the user choose if he wants a
VM with CD or not.
I think the motivation for the above is to 'save' IDE slot if a user
does not need CD.

If the user wants to have a VM with CD the engine would create an empty
CD and pass it to VDSM as a device, but if the user does not require a
CD there is no reason to create it in VDSM nor in the OE (oVirt Engine).

Supporting the above requires the engine upgrade to create empty CD
device to all VMs.

Dan - what happens in 3.0 API if the engine passes the element cdrom but
with empty path attribute. (I know that if the engine does not pass
cdrom element VDSM creates empty CD)

Livnat