[Engine-devel] VM disks

Daniel Erez derez at redhat.com
Sun Feb 19 18:56:46 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

What about disks with snapshots?
By the current design of floating disks, detaching a disk with snapshots
can be done only by collapsing and marking the snapshots as broken.
Thus, removing a disk momentarily might be problematic without Plugged/Unplugged status.

Maybe we should keep the current Activate/Deactivate buttons for disks in addition to
encapsulating attach/detach and plug/unplug commands.
So, adding/attaching a new disk will plug the disk automatically while allowing the user
deactivating a disk temporarily.