[Engine-devel] 'Import VM/Template More Than Once' feature

Einav Cohen ecohen at redhat.com
Tue Feb 21 16:49:17 UTC 2012

* just to clarify: the suffix feature is a pure GUI feature, and it shouldn't involve the backend/api; the api should require a new name for every imported VM; the suffix text-box is just to allow the user to provide a new name for several imported VMs at once.

* in case of "clone VM from snapshot", I think that providing a new name is enough (maybe provide a default name in the new name text-box, but again - it is GUI only), mainly because I don't think that we will allow cloning from several VMs/snapshots at once.
[we might want to clone several VMs from the same snapshot, not sure how we will provide multiple names in such case]