[Engine-devel] Support for stateless nodes

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 14:57:38 UTC 2012

There has been a lot of interest in being able to run stateless Nodes
with ovirt-engine.  ovirt-node has designed a way [1] to achieve this on
the node side, but we need input from the engine and vdsm teams to see
if we're missing some requirement or if there needs to be changes on the
engine/vdsm side to achieve this.

As it currently stands, every time you reboot an ovirt-node that is
stateless, it would require manually removing the host in engine, then
re-registering/approving it again in engine.

Any thoughts, concerns, input on how to solve this?

Thanks

Mike

[1] http://ovirt.org/wiki/Node_Stateless