[Engine-devel] move disk command

Jon Choate jchoate at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 15:26:58 UTC 2012

As part of the multiple storage domains feature there will be new functionality added to allow users to move individual disks.

What are the prerequisites for moving a disk?

1) the disk must exist
2) the associated VM must be down
3) the associated VM must not be locked
4) the source storage domain must exist
5) the source storage domain must be available
6) the target domain must exist
7) the target domain must be available
8) the target domain must have adequate disk space
9) the target domain cannot be an ISO or export domain
10) the source domain cannot be an ISO or export domain

What am I missing?

Also, should we allow the moving of a template disk that has VM disks based on it? Unless I'm wrong this would require all of the disks based on the template to be moved as well.

thoughts?