[Engine-devel] the future of template cloning

Livnat Peer lpeer at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 07:16:58 UTC 2012

On 17/01/12 23:00, Miki Kenneth wrote:

> [...]

The question is what would we like to be the behavior when the operation
fails, the different approaches are mostly around error flows:

- If the clone template is a single action, the error handling would be
to roll back (if the engine failed copying all the images, the images
that were copied successfully to the destination will be deleted).

- If we use the multiple action approach it means that each image that
was copied successfully will stay there and be presented to the user as
success and for those we failed to copy the user will get an error message.