[Engine-devel] New oVirt-engine RPMs available - Release Candidates

Andrew Cathrow acathrow at redhat.com
Mon Jan 30 03:10:49 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

I'm still working through testing and will file some bugs when I've gotten through some downstream stuff but here's a few issues :

1) engine-setup

After the setup I get the following warning

" * There is less than 4 GB available free memory on the Host.
It is  recommended to have at least 4 GB available memory to run the RHEV Manager."

4GB is what we're using for RHEV but with the reduced overhead of AS7 -vs- EAP5 is that still the right number

But we obviously need to change the "RHEV Manager" reference.

2) engine-config

There's a number of text labels that need to be fixed eg.
oVirtISOsRepositoryPath: "The RHEV-H installation files path" (Value Type: String)

Also we need to fix some of the longer names eg.
VdcVersion: "oVirt Enterprise Virtualization Engine Manager Version" (Value Type: String)

3) webadmin
Logo in WebAdmin is Red Hat Shadowman, that needs to be updated.
We can't go out with "Browser not supported" messages like this. The browsers installed on f16 - our target platform can't give this error message.

4) VDS Bootstrap

If you check the  box for iptables then it breaks the system with an invalid rule

Looking at the error from my system
"Jan 29 21:38:50 host1 iptables.init[1637]: iptables: Applying firewall rules: iptables-restore v1.4.12: physdev: option "--physdev-is-bridged" cannot be inverted."

The problem is that we are using
"-A FORWARD -m physdev ! --physdev-is-bridged -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited"

-vs-

"-I FORWARD -m physdev --physdev-is-bridged -j ACCEPT"

On the point of iptables, why do we open libvirt tls port and the snmp port.

After I fixed iptables I still had a problem, the host was showing as non-operational with the error message "NETWORK_UNREACHABLE" (there's a literal missing there)

Looking at the host it appears that the management bridge wasn't created.

The bootstrap log is attached. It shows the operation failing but still marked the bootstrap as successful.
(also in the log we have rhn/satellite references that need to be removed)

I've not looked at the reason for the failure yet, but an empty line at the end of my ifcfg-em1 file looks suspicious.