[Engine-devel] Separating engine-setup from ovirt-engine

Ofer Schreiber oschreib at redhat.com
Tue Jul 3 13:43:49 UTC 2012

In our days, ovirt-engine-setup is a part of the big ovirt-engine rpm.
This means that each time you need to build yourself a new ovirt-engine-setup rpm, you need to compile all the engine.

I've started to think about separating it into another git (similar to ovirt-iso-uploader), so we will be able to build this rpm separately.

This change is really easy to implement (actually, I have already done it locally), and sounds to me like it's the right thing to do.

Thought?
Ofer.