[Engine-devel] Getting rid of arch at ovirt.org?

Jason Brooks jbrooks at redhat.com
Sun Jul 15 19:41:43 UTC 2012

On 07/15/2012 12:37 PM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:

> On 07/15/2012 01:53 AM, Ayal Baron wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Sorry for cross-posting, but in this case I think it's relevant.
>>
>> The original idea was that every time we wish to discuss a new
>> cross-component feature we should do it over arch list. However, it
>> would appear that de-facto usually engine-devel and vdsm-devel are
>> being used (cross posted). Currently engine-devel has 211
>> subscribers, arch has 160 and vdsm-devel has 128 so from this
>> perspective again, arch seems less relevant. I propose we ditch
>> arch and keep the other 2 mailing lists. I'm not sure whether new
>> cross-component features should be discussed solely on engine-devel
>> or cross-posted (there are probably people who wouldn't care about
>> engine side but would still like to know about such changes).
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> - -1

I've been understanding @arch as sort of a catch all list for many
project types that aren't -devel or -user -- infra and marketing issues,
for instance, but maybe this misses the initial intention of @arch.

I don't know if more cross-posting is the answer -- I'm subbed to all
the ovirt lists and I'm seeing a ton of duplication, which I'm finding
annoying. Just this morning, in fact, I was looking into deduping addons
for thunderbird.