[Engine-devel] Proposed change in default port numbers

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Wed Jul 18 09:46:38 UTC 2012

On 07/18/2012 11:39 AM, Shireesh Anjal wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 July 2012 11:57 PM, Juan Hernandez wrote:
>> On 07/17/2012 08:19 PM, Steve Gordon wrote:

Sure this has roots in the past, but today we don't have any program
listening in ports 8006, 8007 or 8008, and 8009 is only used for AJP, no
one connects there from outside the machine. I proposed yet another
change to remove the message about those ports from the setup tool:

http://gerrit.ovirt.org/6386

I am not 100% sure, but if these ports are really not used then the
documentation should also be updated.