[Engine-devel] java 1.6 compatibility no more?

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Wed Jul 18 16:33:42 UTC 2012

In fact, for both backend and frontend, Maven effective POM contains:

<configuration>
  <source>1.6</source>
  <target>1.6</target>
</configuration>

Therefore, according to Maven POM files, oVirt should be build-able using Java 6, but it's not. (?)

The problem is in backend/manager/modules/bll: StorageDomainCommandBase class uses new Java 7 Long.compare() static method.

I think we should decide if we want to be compliant with Java 7, or submit a patch that uses Java 6 API (Long.compareTo instance method).

Vojtech