[Engine-devel] oVirt UI Plugins: Update on current progress

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Mon Jul 23 07:10:07 UTC 2012

On 07/20/2012 11:37 PM, Vojtech Szocs wrote:
> Last but not least, writing plugins in Google Web Toolkit (GWT) should
> be as easy as providing your own plugin source page. Just deploy your
> GWT plugin application on JBoss AS (next to engine.ear), and point to
> GWT plugin application host page.

this implies server side code running on the engine, which has
additional implications on compatibility vs. ui plugins as discussed so
far which would be java script
(I'm not against using GWT for them if the resulting java script can be
packaged for use as a UI plugin, but sever side code i prefer to be
isolated from engine until we'll define engine plugins).