[Engine-devel] oVirt UI Plugins: Update on current progress

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Mon Jul 23 12:26:50 UTC 2012

I agree with your points. Deploying custom plugins on Engine JBoss, just for the purpose of sharing same origin, sounds a bit strange, and complicates things from package perspective.

As for cross-origin iframe communication issues, there are several ways how to address them:
- use CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing) when serving plugin HTML pages from outside Engine JBoss
- use HTML5 Window.postMessage (but its current implementation is typically limited to String-based communication)

For now, let's stick to the standard way of developing UI plugins (using dedicated servlet for plugin HTML page).

Vojtech