[Engine-devel] Building ovirt engine instructions

Costea, George George.Costea at netapp.com
Fri Jul 27 11:03:14 UTC 2012

I get to the step that reads, "Change project settings to Resolve compilation errors."

After completing the first 3 steps below:

	restapi-definition ->  project ->  properties -> java build path ->  source ->  add source folder ->  target/generated-sources/xjc
	webadmin ->  project ->  properties ->  java build path -> source ->  add source folder->  target/generated-sources/{annotations,gwt,test-annotations}
	frontend ->  project ->  properties ->  java build path -> source ->  add source folder->  target/generated-sources/gwt

I am left with 181 Errors.  I then try the 4th step:

	frontend -> project -> properties -> Projects -> Add -> webadmin

This introduces 5 errors stating, "A cycle was detected in the build path of project 'frontend'/'gwt-common'/'uicommonweb'/'userportal'/'webadmin'.  The cycle consists of projects {frontend, webadmin, uicommonweb, gwt-common, userportal}"

I then try the 5th step:

	sharedgwt -> project -> properties -> Projects -> Add -> common

But there is no sharedgwt project.  Does this provide enough detail?