[Engine-devel] Domain rescan action question

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 20:44:34 UTC 2012

On 07/31/2012 11:30 PM, Hopper, Ricky wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> As I'm making progress with the domain rescan functionality, I've
> realized that I'm unsure what to do with any disks that are detected on
> the domain. Should I add them back into the database to be listed as
> floating disks, or should I just return a list of disk images to be
> attached to whatever the caller of the query needs?
>
> - Ricky

i'm not sure they should be added automatically.
I think a dialog[1] showing orphan disks/images on the storage domain
for user to choose which to import as 'floating' disks would be better
than auto importing them.

there is also the reverse of flagging existing disks as 'missing' in
storage?

[1] or a subtab on the storage domain.