[Engine-devel] oVirt UserPortal changes

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Thu May 10 11:58:25 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

there were some important changes regarding UserPortal introduced
recently, so I'll try to summarize the main points here. Please
refer to [http://gerrit.ovirt.org/4273] for more details.

- legacy (SmartGWT-based) UserPortal is no longer built/compiled
  during standard oVirt Maven build

  In case you still want to build/deploy original UserPortal:
  1. uncomment "userportal-legacy" sections in ear/pom.xml
  2. in frontend/webadmin/modules/pom.xml, include
  3. use "gwt-user-legacy" profile when building oVirt

- profile "gwt-user-gwtp" is replaced with "gwt-user",
  this triggers compilation of new (GWTP-based) UserPortal

  For example, to build oVirt with WebAdmin and new UserPortal:
  mvn clean install -Psetup,dep,gwt-admin,gwt-user

- UserPortal host page URL has changed to:
  http(s)://<server-address>[:<port>]/UserPortal/org.ovirt.engine.ui.userportal.UserPortal/UserPortal.html

  This reflects the URL of original UserPortal.

Thanks,
Vojtech