[Engine-devel] Frontend questions.

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 16:01:04 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

> this should be easy enough to launch another window with the requested url.

Indeed, but you might also want to override UI logic for handling "open console" functionality for VNC protocol in WebAdmin:

[in MainTabVirtualMachineView, around line 223 that adds ConsoleModel-bound action button]

getTable().addActionButton(... {

  @Override
  protected UICommand resolveCommand() {
    ConsoleModel defaultConsoleModel = getMainModel().getDefaultConsoleModel();
    final UICommand defaultConnectCommand = defaultConsoleModel != null ? defaultConsoleModel.getConnectCommand() : null;

    if (defaultConnectCommand != null && defaultConsoleModel instanceof VncConsoleModel) {
      // Replace default VncConsoleModel's Connect command with custom functionality
      return new UICommand("Connect", null) {

        @Override
        public boolean getIsAvailable() {
          return defaultConnectCommand.getIsAvailable();
        }

        @Override
        public boolean getIsExecutionAllowed() {
          return defaultConnectCommand.getIsExecutionAllowed();
        }

        @Override
        public void Execute(Object... parameters) {
          if (!getIsAvailable() || !getIsExecutionAllowed()) {
            return;
          }
          WebUtils.openUrlInNewWindow("Custom popup window title", "url from novnc-server");
        }

    };
  } else {
    return defaultConnectCommand;